Sundays and Weekly Events
Sunday School. During the school year there is Sunday School for children. The younger children (up through grade 3) attend the beginning of the service with their family, then depart for Sunday School (in the Church Center) following the "Children's Message"; Grades 4-8 will meet with their teacher in the balcony. On the first Sunday of every month, all the children are the "greeters" and they stay at the entire service to learn more about communion (and to partake of it, with their parents' permission). (More...)
Our worship time is 10:00am: VISITORS ARE WELCOME AND EXPECTED!
- Coffee Hour is held in the Church Center following the worship service. ALL ARE INVITED!
- For New-Comers to Our Church. We welcome you and invite you to coffee hour after the service. We are strengthened by your presence, and hope that being here brings blessings to you. If you would like to become a member of the church, please speak to Pastor Deb, who will be happy to help you get the process started. There are three ways to become a member: profession of faith, reaffirmation of faith, or letter of transfer.
the One who awaits your praise!"
- Choir Practice - 9:00am Room 4
10:00AM - WORSHIP SERVICE (worship bulletin)
Sunday March 1, 2015 - Second Sunday in Lent - Communion will be celebrated today
- Worship Leader: Rev. Deborah Packard
- Organist: Sondra Goldsmith Proctor
- Reader: Sharon Hutchinson
- Prelude: "Preludio III in C# Minor - Moderato - Allegro" - Johann Sebastian Bach
- Choral Introit: "Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah" - William Williams and John Hughes
- Anthem: "Yigdal Elohim Chai" - Maimonides, 12th Cent. on a Traditional Yigdal Melody (Westminster Choir)
- Sermon: "Born Again" - Rev. Deborah Packard
- Offertory: "Bread of Heaven on Thee We Feed" - Joseph Conder on French and Welsh Melodies
- Postlude: "Fuga III in C# Minor" - Johann Sebastian Bach
- Greeter: Children of the Parish
- Acolyte: Rylee Cooper
- Sound Engineer: Brad Hewitson
- Counters: Cynthia Runge / Charlene Spieler
- Coffee Hosts: Eleanor Hopke / Richard Lunt
- No Children's Choir Rehearsal today
Monday, March 2
- Knitting Group - 3:00pm, Center
Wednesday, March 4
- Choir Rehearsal - 7:00pm, Room 4
Thursday, March 5
- Ladies Guild - 9:00am, Conference Room
- Lenten Luncheon - noon, hosted at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 21 Castle Drive, Potsdam
- Soup and Bread Supper, followed by a speaker - 6:00pm, Center
Friday, March 6
- World Day of Prayer - 7:00am-6:00pm, Sanctuary
First Presbyterian Church, Potsdam Two hundred years of faithful
you are looking for a church home, a place to explore your faith, or a place to
volunteer your time and make a difference, the Potsdam Presbyterian Church welcomes
you to join us in our mission in the community and in the world.
encouraged to participate in worship, to join any of our groups and to take part
in all the activities of the church. Our church family welcomes new members and
will be looking for you!
Home Page Features
Rev. Deborah Packard
Rev. Deborah Packard was installed as our new pastor on Sunday, April 28, 2013
Installation Service Bulletin
Pastor Deb's Office Hours
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
The February Parish Paper is now online. (articles for the March Parish Paper are due on or before Thursday, February 19 at noon)
LINK to .pdf version or the
Week of March 1, 2015
Announcements and Sunday Lectionary Readings
RETREAT AT BEAVER CAMP
Friday February 27 - Sunday March 1
Lenten Luncheon Schedule
Mar 5th: Latter-Day Saints
Mar 12th: Trinity
Mar 9th: Methodist
Mar 26th: Presbyterian
"SOUL FOOD" GatheringNOTE: (watch here to see when "SOUL FOOD" reconvenes)
WESTMINSTER CHOIR REHEARSALS
Wednesdays 7pm in Room 4, Center and Sundays 9am in the Sanctuary
NEW MEMBERS WELCOME! (ninth grade through adult)
CHILDREN'S CHOIR REHEARSALS
Sundays (approx.) 11:30-Noon - grades 4-8
(Contact: Sondra Goldsmith Proctor, Music Director, for additional information)
SECRETARY'S OFFICE HOURS
The Church Office is open from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM weekdays
FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR IMPORTANT BUDGET FACTS!
Sunday Morning Prayer Concerns
and Prayer List
In an attempt to honor the privacy of individuals and ensure that we pray for those who would like us to pray for them, the Pastor will only mention aloud those who specifically ask. If you have a prayer concern that you would like the pastor to share on Sunday Morning, please ask permission from the individual you are sharing about, write it down and place it on the pulpit before the service begins. If you wish to add someone to the prayer list please first ask their permission and then call the church office to add them to the list.
MEMORIAL FUND. Do you want to memorialize or honor someone? Consider contributing to the Memorial Fund. (More...)
NEEDED: Readers for Sunday worship services. Call Shirley Warden (265-4104) to volunteer for this important ministry.
Bring canned food items the first Sunday of each month Food donations will be blessed with the offering and sent to "Helping Hands" later (More...)
Tax Information for Donors - (More...)
HELP WANTED for the COMMUNITY DINNERS on the third Thursday of each month. Help is needed for food preparation, cooking, setting up, serving, and cleanup. If you can help in any way, please call Debbie Shipp at 265-0173.
Are you an Elder or Deacon? Please volunteer to be the "Elder/Deacon at the Door" following the Sunday worship (contact: Peggy Burlingame: 265-9182, email@example.com )
ADULT VOLUNTEERS to provide nursery coverage during Sunday services. Sign-up sheet is posted on the door of classroom 1.
BOTTLE REFUNDS TO HELP FUND OUR CHRUCH PROJECTS: Return your bottles to CJ's in the SeaComm Plaza on Market St - and tell them to send your refund to our ROOFING PROJECT.(More...)
recycling perks (More...)
IN 2011 WE CELEBRATED OUR 200th YEAR!
A BICENTENNIAL HISTORY OF POTSDAM FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
(excerpts from documents and photos in our archive)
Chapter One: Establishing Our Church, 1811-1820
Chapter Two: The Early History of Our Presbytery
LINK to some photos of our Bicentennial Banquet on Pentecost Sunday, June 12, 2011
VISIT THE BICENTENNIAL WEB PAGE
C.O.R.C. needs our help (to sort and put out clothing) Ask at the store about how / when YOU can help. C.O.R.C. bin is now open and the store is taking donations (need more info? Call Andrea: 265-3940)
MINC Emergency Funds Needed! Funds are critically low. Please help support our neighbors in need. Send contributions to: Marilyn Johnson, MINC Emergency Fund Treasurer, 46 May Road, Potsdam, NY 13676 or mail or hand deliver your check to the Church Office. Make checks payable to MINC, and write "Emergency Fund" on the memo line. (More...)
HELPING HANDS NEEDS: 1) Hands to help out Friday mornings (9-12) to help clean and organize the building, and strong backs on Saturdays to help with furniture pick-ups, 2) Food to put into hands of the hungry (More...)
Helping Hands Donations - fill up the shopping cart in the narthex entryway of the Church. Find out what's needed this month: (More...)